Check your students understanding using this traffic light poster in the classroom.
This product is available in digital format only. Digital products will be available for download upon payment.
- Purchase is for one license only. Sharing digital files is prohibited.
- Posters are available for download in two sizes: A4 and A3. Please choose your size during purchase. Larger posters may be unsuitable for home printers; for best results, we recommend printing at your local copy and print centre.
Suggested use by Emma
In some of my classrooms, early in my career as a teacher, I used a similar traffic light poster to add a little visual element into how I get my students to respond to my questions. Some of the ways I have utilized such a poster are:
- as a noise meter. I affix this poster on a whiteboard and put a magnetic coloured button to show how I feel about the noise level in the classroom. They will usually know they are playing it too close when I have moved the magnetic button up to Yellow.
- as a way to check their understanding. After teaching a concept, I explain that Green means 'Go smoothly', Red means 'I am still stuck' and Yellow means 'I'm nearly there but not so clear yet'. Then I ask students to raise their hands to the traffic light colours that I was pointing at to get a gauge of how many of them may need additional support.
Digital download options
- 1 poster A2 printable format